Saturday, May 14, 2011

I do!

Now that my school year has basically ended, I have had a lot of extra time to relax and catch up on my TiVO recordings. With that, I have developed a new love for weddings shows, courtesy of TLC.

The first show that's been taking up my time, which is one that I've actually been watching at a lesser extent for some time now, is Say Yes to the Dress.



Basically, Kleinfeld's consultants with thick New York accents throw gaggles of overzealous brides into $3-30,000 dresses while their mothers and bridesmaids cry and criticize in the background.

Though some of the brides' stories are endearing and actually relatable, a majority highlight the most hectic, insane and melodramatic aspects of the bridal world. The show is juicy, entertaining, and speaks to every girl's inner diva (especially when the show involves Pnina's).

The second show is another TLC series, Four Weddings.



In this show, four brides attend each other's weddings and then score each wedding based on overall experience, food, venue and the dress (of course). The bride with the highest score then wins an exotic honeymoon with her groom (remember him? Because sometimes, these weddings shows don't seem to).

The magic in this show is in seeing what each bride values, how they try to make their weddings special and how they assess every other bride's effort. Plus, some of the weddings are just plain wacky, and you're always left wondering what the bride was thinking.

I may have at least a decade left until I plan my own wedding, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy watching other brides in action. Plus, it is oh, so entertaining. Thanks, TLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment