Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Life and Loss

I've recently been hit with a tragic loss in my school, and dealing with the aftermath has been painful and upsetting, but also somewhat uplifting.

There's nothing more beautiful than watching a community come together to support each other when times are tough. We can't change what happened; we can only honor our memories, take care of those around us, and try to prevent such a tragedy from ever happening again.

We have to remember that everything will eventually get better, there is always hope, and all we need is a little love and a supportive community to help us when we feel like we have nowhere to turn.

To be honest, I've spent so much of the last few days talking about this that I have little left to say. Instead of trying to force more out, I'll leave it at this:

He will be in our hearts, and we all must remember that we're not alone.

3 comments:

  1. if there was a like button, i would hit it. love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop thinking about him. Thanks for writing this. It's small, but it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for writing this, it means a lot to let everybody know that they ALWAYS have someone there, I'm glad you could express this message in a nice, compact way.

    ReplyDelete