Sunday, May 30, 2010

Summer Barbecue

For Memorial Day, my family and I are heading over to a friend's house for a barbecue. For the event, I've chosen to wear a floral dress by Pins and Needles that i got at Urban Outfitters (see below), one of my favorite pieces, with a thin yellow belt from J. Crew. Not to mention, of course, my beloved pair of Ray Bans.





There are a lot of different footwear options that one could choose from for a summer barbecue floral frock like this one, so I decided to experiment with some of them.













Flats from Urban, Sneakers by Keds, Sandals by Diane von Furstenberg, Pumps by Nine West, Bag from FredFlare, Photoa by my sister, Arden.



In the end, I decided to go with the DVF sandals.



The Keds were too casual, and for more of a walking around, activity day. The pumps were too dressy, and are a pain to traipse around the grass in. The flats I adore, but they are brutally uncomfortable and what Oprah calls "sitting shoes"- shoes meant to be worn on days with minimal walking. This did not quite fit the queue.

The DVF sandals are pretty, comfortable, and somewhere between casual and dressy. All in all, the perfect choice. Have a wonderful Memorial Day, everybody!

4 comments:

  1. Adore the dress. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DVFs are perfect. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooooo excited you got this :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a charming dress, I too have a little floral dress that I love but it has been worn so many times that I am not sure how much longer it will last. :(

    ReplyDelete