Monday, January 17, 2011

The Cellular Dilemma

I really love my Blackberry. Affectionately called Dorota, I trust my berry to both keep me in touch and keep my life together, plus the scroll ball never fails to entertain me and I've found that Verizon always has service whilst my Dad's AT&T iPhone struggles to find more bars.

But now that Verizon and Apple have announced that the iPhone is FINALLY coming to Verizon, I actually have to make a deliberate choice between my beloved Blackberry and the tempting iPhone.

Team MyPhone: I've been playing with my Dad's iPhone, and I really do like it. It's organized very clearly, it functions well, and it's easy enough to type on once you get the hang of it, whereas the Blackberry is often a bit complicated and requires the restart every once in a while. Plus, my family is 100% an Apple family, so the iPhone fits perfectly.

Team Crackberry: I've definitely mastered mine over the past year and a half, and I love everything from BBM to it's concise and efficient organization to the ColorID app that allows me to customize the lights that flash for each person who contacts me. I prefer how Blackberries looks, the newer models are a lot less faulty, and the battery life is said to be a lot better than that of the iPhone. Not to mention that 98 percent of the people I've asked declare that I am a through and through berry girl.

But what's the verdict? iPhone or Blackberry?

Well, the good news is that my contract isn't up until July, so I've got five months to bounce back and forth until I make my ultimate decision! Until then, Dorota is all I need.

2 comments:

  1. Blair would never ditch Dorota.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I think you should stick to your Blackberry, part of me wonders if at a psychological level the reason you can't decide is because you secretly want an iPhone. HMMM.

    ReplyDelete