Friday, June 18, 2010

Spotlight: Tom's Shoes

So, you may have heard me mention TOMS Shoes once or twice recently, so I thought I'd dedicate a post to them.

TOMS Shoes is an organization started in 2006 by Blake Mycoskie. The movement, which targets the percentage of children who suffer from life-threatening diseases because they cannot afford shoes, is simple: for every pair of shoes purchased, TOMS will give one pair of shoes to a child in need, one-to-one.

After eyeing TOMS for a few months, I finally ordered myself a light yellow pair, and I must say that I love them. Not only do I know that my wearing them symbolizes that a formerly barefooted child is now wearing a similar pair, but I actually really like them as shoes.

They're casual and cute, available in a variety of colors and patterns, and are wicked comfortable. They even have arch supports- that's crazy. In a very good way. I think everyone should buy a pair of TOMS and wear them proudly.

In other news, ONE MORE DAY UNTIL CAMP!

1 comment:

  1. Arch supports? I believe I need a pair of those.

    ReplyDelete